Arrive in Vancouver and spend time exploring this scenic city on your own. Overnight in Vancouver.
Travel onboard the Rocky Mountaineer from the coastal city of Vancouver to Kamloops, in the heart of British Columbia’s interior. On today’s journey you will see dramatic changes in scenery, from the lush green fields of the Fraser Valley, through forests and winding river canyons surrounded by the peaks of the Coast and Cascade Mountains, to the desert-like environment of the BC Interior. Highlights include the rushing waters of Hell’s Gate in the Fraser Canyon and the steep slopes and rock sheds along the Thompson River. Your day concludes as the Rocky Mountaineer travels along the shores of Kamloops Lake into Kamloops. Overnight in Kamloops. Please note that all accommodation in Kamloops is of moderate standard. Breakfast and lunch will be served onboard.
Your journey continues eastwards to the mighty Canadian Rockies and the province of Alberta. Once again you will see a spectacular array of scenery as you travel across ranchlands, along rocky lakeshores, over high mountain passes and through the remarkable tunnels that form part of the rich rail history of the Canadian Rockies. Today’s highlights include Craigellachie, where the last spike of the Canadian Pacific Railway was driven, the climb over Rogers Pass, Kicking Horse Canyon, the Spiral Tunnels and, of course, the glaciers and snow-capped peaks of the Canadian Rockies. Your rail journey ends this evening in the mountain hamlet of Lake Louise. Breakfast and lunch will be served onboard.
Lake Louise-Yoho National Park-Banff
This morning you are free to explore beautiful Lake Louise on your own. After lunch, a half-day tour takes you into Yoho National Park to view some of its natural wonders. Among the attractions are the Spiral Tunnels, Emerald Lake and a natural rock bridge that spans the Kicking Horse River. At the end of the tour you will be transferred to Banff. Overnight in Banff. Please note: While departure from The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise will be approximately 2:00 p.m., scheduled checkout time is normally 12:00 p.m. Your luggage will be stored upon checkout and you are free to enjoy the amenities of the hotel before the tour departs.
Banff-Calgary(panoramic helicopter tour)
Today you will enjoy a full-day tour concluding in Calgary. Begin the morning with a sightseeing tour of Banff. Among the points of interest are Bow Falls, Lake Minnewanka, Surprise Corner and the Hoodoos. Banff Gondola included. Continue on to Kananaskis for the highlight of today’s adventure, a 12-minute Panoramic Helicopter Tour over the remarkable landscape of the Rockies. Overnight in Calgary.
Put on your best James Bond accent and take to the skies with a Panoramic Helicopter Tour. This 12-minute spine-tingling adventure will have you soaring 2,300 metres above sea level, giving you a totally incredible view of glaciers, mountain vistas, lakes, and waterfalls. This is the Rockies as you've never seen them.
Your vacation ends upon checkout from your Calgary hotel.
Dates & rates
Start Date End Date Price (CAD) Tax/Fees (CAD) 23 Aug 2018 28 Aug 2018 $ 2,499.00 $ 124.95 Request
· Vancouver Lookout,
· Yoho National Park Tour, Banff to Lake Louise (or reverse),
· Experience Lake Louise to Calgary Tour (or reverse) including Banff Gondola,
· Panoramic Helicopter Tour,
· Calgary Tower,
· 2 breakfasts,
· 2 lunches,
· 2 days onboard the Rocky Mountaineer,
· Station and hotel transfers in Vancouver, Kamloops and Lake Louise
· Luggage handling,
· National Parks Pass.
Price does not include:
· Air or any other type transportation to/from Vancouver or to/from Calgary,
· Meals not included in itinerary,
· Medical out of province insurance,
· Trip Cancellation Insurance,
· Additional tours not mentioned in the program,
· Tickets and passes to any attractions not mentioned in the program,
· Personal expenses.
Above is an example of trip in Silver Leaf, but Rocky Mountaineer offers 3 levels of service. Client can choose between Silver, Gold and Gold + Hotel Upgrade:
1. Silver Leaf - single level domed coach, oversized windows, delicious hot entrée options served at your seat, complimentary beverages including wine, beer, spirit and non-alcoholic beverages, snacks, overnight in popular hotels.
2. Gold Leaf – the luxury and comfort is simply beyond compare. It is the most popular service: two level glass domed coach with full length windows, exclusive dining room, gourmet hot meals, complimentary beverages and snacks, deluxe accommodation.
3. Gold Leaf Deluxe – the finest accommodation plus upgrade hotel accommodation.