"Savoir Vivre" in Poland
Polish etiquette does not differ much from other European countries but there are differences between North America and Europe.
- When greeting someone, you often kiss them on the cheek - one or three times
- Kissing a woman on the hand is very polite
- Younger passengers should give their seat to elderly passengers on public transportation
- A pregnant woman should also get priority seating on public transit
- When one is giving flowers, it should be without the wrapping paper
- A man gives way to a lady, he lets her walk first.
- A woman should walk on the right hand side of a man.